Salary: $65,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
This is a Full Time, Exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience. (Part time employment will be considered.)
Awen Solutions Group (Awen) strives to serve clients as their trusted partner, solving problems, and providing services to improve organizational performance. Awen combines the most talented subject matter experts with innovative tools to deliver the necessary solutions. Awen creates cohesive teams with diverse backgrounds, knowledge, and skills to break down barriers to success, and together, help clients reach goals more efficiently. To fulfill its mission, Awen seeks to build and enhance its most valuable resources by maximizing opportunities for its dedicated professionals. By providing direct supervision, training, and mentoring for its employees, Awen pursues the effective development of knowledge, skills, and judgment required to fulfill its unique and important mission.
We offer diverse work experiences, competitive salary and benefits including flex-time work schedule, 401(k) Plan with immediate vesting and company matching, 100% paid Medical (HMO & PPO), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Discretionary Bonuses, Tiered Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 15 days/year, Paid Holidays and the opportunity for advancement.
You can grow with AWEN!
This position is that of Structural Engineer (P.E.), the purpose of which is to lead our Structural Engineer Design Functions within healthcare facilities (new construction or renovation). This position is an integral component of our growing A&E Division which directly oversees and performs day-to-day oversight, design, and implementation of all Structural Engineering Tasks in support of our current projects.
- Conduct on-site investigations of existing Buildings
- Review and verify the structure, site utilities and infrastructure to support remodel design options
- Work with the design team to develop multiple concepts
- Create a weighted design matrix (WDM) which shall be used throughout the design period to compare design alternatives and possible trade-offs
- Work with the design team to provide a full set of project drawings, showing the scope and plan for your discipline
- During demolition show what will remain during construction and means of protection.
- Show and identify existing conditions, sections, elevations, details, dimensions, capacities, and items to be removed.
- Provide symbol sheets and explanation of detail symbols used.
- Provide REVIT compatible 3D model file for all drawn elements.
- Show existing conditions and how new work interfaces.
- Document all calculations, computations and engineering data used to develop designs
- Assist as required for Interim Life Safety / Fire Protection Plan, Phasing Plan, Security, and Environmental controls/barriers.
- Show locations, layout, elevations and details of proposed building designs
- Provide a copy of all calculations, computations, and engineering data used to assess design alternatives.
- Create General Specifications
- Understand and utilize CAD standards
- Have a working knowledge of Building Codes
- Have an ability to read floor plans, sections and elevations, risers, details, schedules, and specifications.
- Possess strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Possess a good sense of coordination and follows through. Able to work in close contact with the entire design team.
- Help review and develop project Specifications.
- Provide symbol sheets and explanation of detail symbols.
- Provide an investigation and explanation of any applicable regulatory/code requirements incorporated into the design. Furnish a copy of each code quoted or used in the design.
- Reviews and responds to RFI’s
- Respond to questions that arise during the schematic study which will analyze and provide recommendations for phasing, structuring, scoping, and cost estimating.
- Performs punch lists
- Accountable for production of accurate technical and contract documentation for project.
- Accountable for structural design activities, including consultant design activities, as well as the accuracy, cost controls, budget, reporting, and timeliness of all assigned projects and related client management.
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of all structural drawing packages, exhibits and documents assembled.
- Manage planning, design development, and production of working drawings and project documents.
- Responsible for plan check requirements and ensure compliance with building codes and regulations.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and Photometric Software
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process.
- Thorough understanding and application of current building codes is required and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- High degree of initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Excellent communication skills (graphic, writing, and oral)
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail
- Structural Engineering: 5+ years (Required)
- AutoCAD and Revit: 4+ years (Required)
- Minimum of 3-7 years progressive experience in management and responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Required)
Education and Experience:
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Required) (Preferably with CA PE Stamp)
- Veteran Affairs, Department of Defense or Healthcare Design Knowledge (Preferred)
- LEED Certification (Preferred)
- Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent, preferred
- Experience preparing construction documents using a building prototype
- Experience preparing preliminary site plans